While there has been no update this week from Chief Anoquot, it is helpful to be reminded that the Saugeen First Nation beaches/shoreline are still closed. The reason given last week by the Chief still stands. “Sauble Beach (SFN Beaches) will remain closed until safety concerns over erosion are addressed. Please be patient.”
Please do not go on the beach for any reason. The closure is being enforced by Cancom Security.
Cancom Security staff have confirmed that anyone walking on the beach, swimming, paddle boarding, kite boarding, kayaking or canoeing is subject to a $500 fine.
If we hear of a change, we will let you know.
We remind you that the provincial rules for the State of Emergency still apply:
- Maintain 6′ of separation
- Wear a mask if you cannot socially distance
- No more that five people may gather in one place.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Refrain from unnecessary travel